'MarkoMadness' targets Liias with a contest of a different sort
Red Snohomish, a month-old political action committee, has launched MarkoMadness in which criticism of his tenure are posted and readers vote on their favorites.
There are two divisions with two brackets in each division for a total of eight spots - for those versed in college basketball's March Madness, think of it as the Elite 8 portion of your brackets.
Each week, two items will be matched up and the one with the most votes advances to the next round.
"After seven weeks a commercial will be produced to highlight the biggest blunder as voted on by the website's users," states a press release issued Tuesday.
It begins this week with how Liias spent some of his 2008 campaign funds versus the amount of per diem expenses he's earned as a lawmaker.
Red Snohomish Political Action Committee is led by Andrew Funk, who challenged Liias in 2008. Funk, who was a community college student then, ran unsuccessfully for Mountlake Terrace City Council in 2009.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Senators want budget impact of initiatives on the ballot March 9
- Larsen, McDermott skip Israeli leader's speech March 3
- House plans vote Tuesday on hiking minimum wage March 2
- Bill creating Silver Alert system clears Senate March 2
- Lt. Gov. Owen says behavior of GOP senator is inappropriate and must stop Feb. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.