Person Finder set up for Japan disaster
Person Finder is an interactive database that allows users to search for missing persons online, or submit information about people who are injured or were missing.
The 8.9-magnitude earthquake set off a massive tsunami, and the two disasters have left behind floods, fires and the shutdown of public transportation systems and airports.
The Person Finder is available as a central database for people seeking information about their loved ones or government and aid agencies looking to coordinate efforts. Maps, stories and other resources are available there.
Person Finder for the Japanese earthquake can be found on a Google Crisis Response website: http:// tinyurl.com/JapanFinder.
Los Angeles Times
- 10,000 feared dead in Japan as humanitarian crisis grows 3/13/11
- Japanese auto makers plan mass shutdowns 3/13/11
- Japan races to prevent nuke reactor meltdowns; 180,000 evacuated as precaution 3/13/11
- Explosion at Japan nuclear plant, disaster toll rises 3/12/11
- Many Washington homeowners don't have quake insurance 3/12/11
- Scenes of devastation at heart of Japan disaster 3/12/11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.