A quick look at the Seahawks' roster churn
Just how quickly the Seahawks have turned over the roster, however, is quite astonishing. With Matt Hasselbeck and Lofa Tatupu leaving, the Seahawks lost two more links to their past, and as of today, there are only 16 players on the 88-man roster who were on the '09 team that Carroll and Schneider inherited. Sixteen. That's it.
Other than the players listed below, everyone is new to the team in the last season, with the exception of Brandon Coutu and Will Robinson, who were on the team before 09 and are now back:
P John Ryan, WR Deon Butler, RB Justin Forsett, CB Marcus Trufant, CB Roy Lewis, LB Leroy Hill, LB David Hawthorne, LB Aaron Curry, G Max Unger, G Mike Gibson, DE Red Bryant, WR Ben Obomanu, TE Cameron Morrah, TE John Carlson, DT Colin Cole and DT Brandon Mebane.
That's it. And going back to that 2005 Super Bowl team, only Trufant and Hill remain.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.