Boeing's surprise musical guest: Steve Miller
The performance is part of a celebration for the 747-8 team, according to Boeing on Twitter.
In September, Boeing had planned to hold a celebration with 747 employees when it delivered the first 747-8 freighter to its launch customer, Cargolux. But Cargolux initially balked at taking delivery of the freighter over contractual issues. Cargolux finally accepted delivery of the first 747-8 freighter last month, but Boeing canceled the employee party and surprise musical guest performance.
Steve Miller's “Jet Airliner” song might have been one of the reasons that Boeing asked him to visit.
Here's an old video from YouTube of the Steve Miller Band singing “Jet Airliner”:
The Herald is interested in any photos, video from today's performance. Please send to email@example.com.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Two day aerospace and defense conference in May at JBLM April 30
- Boeing wants $6 million for moving jobs to Oklahoma City April 28
- Smashed bugs are a drag on jets' fuel efficiency April 27
- Boeing to lay off 153 workers in Puget Sound region April 23
- Boeing’s 737 plant is getting even more productive April 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.