Santorum's daughter to campaign in Everett today
She is scheduled to be at Shawn O'Donnell's American Grill and Irish Pub, 122 128th St. SE in Everett at 2:45 p.m., according to information from her father's campaign.
Her stop in Everett comes on the eve of the Republican Party caucuses in which the presidential preference of GOP voters will be gauged through a straw poll.
While those results will not bind any of the state's 43 delegates, it will give the top vote-getter momentum heading into the primaries and caucuses occurring in 10 states on Tuesday.
That's been important enough to draw all four Republican hopefuls to Washington in advance of the caucuses.
Mitt Romney met this morning with supporters in Bellevue, the same town where he held a big-ticket fund raiser Thursday night. Attendees included Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna though McKenna did not have to buy a ticket, his campaign said.
Ron Paul will be holding a rally in Seattle later today and Rick Santorum had events in Eastern Washington on Thursday. Newt Gingrich was in Everett and Federal Way last week.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- A new session begins with old debate and fish consumption Jan. 12
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.