Manning watch: Peyton visits Denver
The Seahawks are one of the teams interested in Manning, but so far Manning has not visited Seattle--believe me, if he does there will be wall-to-wall coverage of the seaplane landing at the Seahawks' headquarters on Lake Washington (though I say if TJ Housmandzadeh merits a seaplane ride, Paul Allen ought to be rigging a Boeing Dreamliner with pontoons for a Manning visit).
Manning is, however, in Denver visiting with the Broncos today according to the Denver Post.
By almost everyone's estimate, Manning's free agency isn't expected to last very long. Even though there are still concerns about his health, Manning is too valuable of a commodity to last long on the open market. Sure there may be some teams afraid to spend big money until they know what the status is with Manning's neck, but it only takes one team to take a risk for him to sign, and the smart money is on him being off the market sooner than later, perhaps as early and the early part of next week.
Manning is reportedly going to visit Arizona as well on this swing west, according to the Post, and while there have been no reports of him coming to Seattle, that doesn't necessarily mean he won't either.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.