Washington Mutual's lame legacy
Four years later, downtown Seattle has recovered from the loss of a major corporate headquarters. The thousands of employees who lost their jobs and shareholders who were ruined -- probably not so much.Last month the Times' Drew DeSilver wrote in detail about WMI Holdings, which ostensibly is a mortgage reinsurer. Though if you figure out what the heck this company really is or does, be sure to let us know.
Like every other instance of the cooks who made the Great Recession, the bigs at WaMu got away with it. ... Seattle lost a major financial institution and banking was even more concentrated in the east.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: New sales associate at North Homes Realty Jan. 29
- Briefs: Landau Associates in Edmonds hires several Jan. 28
- Briefs: RE/MAX opens third county office in Marysville Jan. 26
- Briefs: Lynnwood advertising agency hires three Jan. 23
- Briefs: Canyon Creek Cabinet in Monroe appoints sales manager Jan. 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.