Inslee to hire ex-Jerry Brown spokesman
Sterling Clifford, who served as Brown's spokesman in the 2010 campaign, is expected to join the Inslee team next month. He is currently working for the firm of Democratic consultant Joe Trippi.
Clifford is married and lives in Seattle. He must be pretty talented. When he departed after the 2010 election, he received a nice send-off on the San Francisco Chronicle Politics blog.
Clifford's arrival is a significant addition for the Inslee campaign because he brings knowledge and experience of delivering a candidate's message in a statewide campaign. In his case, it was in a very big state. Moreover, he's got ties to an influential Democratic consultant in Trippi, who also worked on the Brown campaign but is not part of the Inslee team.
If you're wondering if you've already seen Clifford hanging around Inslee, he's the guy on the left in this picture.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- A new session begins with old debate and fish consumption Jan. 12
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.