A look behind Amazon.com's smile
Part 1: Behind the smile in Seattle• About this series: Examining Amazon's corporate practices
• Amazon a virtual no-show in hometown philanthropy
• Bezos invests in space travel, time
• Amazon issues statement on its role in the community
• Discuss on Facebook: Do corporations have a civic responsibility to their communities?
Part 2: A hammer on the publishers• Amazon trying to wring deep discounts from publishers
• Discuss on Facebook: Where do you buy books, online or at a bookstore?
Part 3: Pushing back on sales taxes• States fight back against Amazon's tax deals
Part 4: Worked over in the warehouse• Amazon warehouse workers fired if goals aren't met
• Amazon recruits work campers to help with holiday rush
• Amazon's statement regarding warehouse safety
• Chat with Richard Russo about Amazon, publishing at 1 p.m. Wednesday
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: United Way hires new director of marketing May 11
- Briefs: Edmonds businesses to participate in health, fitness expo May 8
- Briefs: EdCC to host information session about accelerated certificate May 7
- Briefs: Edmonds insurance firm teams up with Pemco May 6
- Briefs: Keller Williams to aid food bank, Housing Hope May 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.