A look behind Amazon.com's smile
Part 1: Behind the smile in Seattle• About this series: Examining Amazon's corporate practices
• Amazon a virtual no-show in hometown philanthropy
• Bezos invests in space travel, time
• Amazon issues statement on its role in the community
• Discuss on Facebook: Do corporations have a civic responsibility to their communities?
Part 2: A hammer on the publishers• Amazon trying to wring deep discounts from publishers
• Discuss on Facebook: Where do you buy books, online or at a bookstore?
Part 3: Pushing back on sales taxes• States fight back against Amazon's tax deals
Part 4: Worked over in the warehouse• Amazon warehouse workers fired if goals aren't met
• Amazon recruits work campers to help with holiday rush
• Amazon's statement regarding warehouse safety
• Chat with Richard Russo about Amazon, publishing at 1 p.m. Wednesday
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Landau Associates in Edmonds hires several Jan. 28
- Briefs: RE/MAX opens third county office in Marysville Jan. 26
- Briefs: Lynnwood advertising agency hires three Jan. 23
- Briefs: Canyon Creek Cabinet in Monroe appoints sales manager Jan. 22
- Briefs: Meet Port of Everett’s new executive director Jan. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.