Gregoire to sign construction budget today
With her signature, the governor will enable roughly $1 billion in new state spending on an assortment of non-highway projects such as sewer systems and water pipelines. There is also a batch of money for construction and renovations at public schools and colleges.
If you go to this website and look to the right you can search for approved projects by
legislative districts and by county.
Gregoire is also scheduled to sign the operating budget May 2. She's said she will be cutting some spending proposals in order to boost the amount of money in the reserves.
She is also scheduled to act on several reform bills. Here's the list.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
- Inslee outlines plan to pump $2.3 billion into education Dec. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.