FCC wants TV stations to post political ad info online
Commissioners decided television stations must post online the content of their political files which detail campaign ad spending. The information is to be put in a single database accessible through the FCC web site. These files, now kept on paper, track the amount of money paid out on ads by candidates and political action committees.
What the FCC is aiming for is something like the searchable database of campaign contributions available through Washington's Public Disclosure Commission.
The FCC ruling affects stations affiliated with NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox in the top 50 Designated Market Areas.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Tussle on GOP rule change slowing action on Senate budget April 2
- House Democrats to unveil budget and maybe tax plans too March 24
- House OKs bill allowing fire mobilization for mudslides March 10
- Senators want budget impact of initiatives on the ballot March 9
- Larsen, McDermott skip Israeli leader's speech March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.