Seattle Genetics exec is entrepreneur finalist
President and Chief Executive Officer Clay Siegall of Seattle Genetics in Bothell is among 18 in Washington and Oregon chosen by the global business consultancy for demonstrating "excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities."
Winners will be announced at a gala on June 15 at the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue.
Here's the Ernst & Young news release:
Ernst & Young announces finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Pacific Northwest
May 9, 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the Pacific Northwest. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 15, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue Washington.
The finalists are:
• Chris Ulum, Agilx Corporation, Oregon
• Kamyar Moinzadeh, Airbiquity, Washington
• Sunny Gupta, Apptio, Washington
• Brandon Dawson, Audigy Group, Washington
• Amy Tyksen, BendBroadband, Oregon
• Craig Bramscher, Brammo, Oregon
• Donald Howard, MD, PhD, CellNetix Pathology, Washington
• Jay Haladay, Coaxis, Oregon
• Marc Barros, Contour, Washington
• Dave Shaffer, DePaul Industries, Oregon
• Greg Enell, Double Down Interactive, Washington
• Christina Lethean, Gesa Credit Union, Washington
• Ocean Yuan, Grape Solar, Oregon
• Josh Neblett, GreenCupboards, Washington
• Sandra Green, n-Link Corporation, Oregon
• Clay Siegall, PhD, Seattle Genetics, Washington
• Paul Fichter, Taphandles, Washington
• Darryl Rawlings, Trupanion, Washington
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 17, 2012. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In the Pacific Northwest, local sponsors include ADP, Puget Sound Business Journal, Scherzer International, The Big Picture Video Film & Arts, and Union Bank.
About Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit www.ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a US client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Haggen donates $1,000 to Cocoon House April 8
- Briefs: United Way spokesman takes new job in D.C. April 6
- Briefs: Real estate companies sponsor electronics recycling in Lynnwood April 3
- Briefs: Webinar planned on supply chains April 2
- Briefs: Snohomish County exec, wife to be given ‘Medal of Merit’ March 31
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.