WNBA Power Rankings
1. Minnesota Lynx (8-0), Who is going to beat the Lynx? This team is looking even more dominant than the team that won the title a year ago.
2. Los Angeles Sparks (5-1), The Sparks have won close games, they have blown teams out and don't appear to have many weaknesses right now. Continuing to win is a must for L.A. though to stay in shouting distance of the Lynx -- a slip up here or there and the Lynx will run away with the West.
3. Chicago Sky (4-1), The Sky made the move of the offseason acquiring Swin Cash from the Storm and it appears to be paying off. Epiphanny Prince has been lights out for the Sky of late and it has Chicago tied for first place in the Eastern Conference.
4. Indiana Fever (4-1), Tamika Catchings, the league's reigning MVP has been brilliant early on in the season and it has the Fever on top of the Eastern Conference with Chicago and Connecticut.
5. Connecticut Sun (4-1), The Sun were right with the Fever at the top of the East for much of last season and it appears that they will be right there again. The two teams square off on Friday in Indianapolis.
6. San Antonio Silver Stars (2-3), The M.O. of this team seems to be that they fly under the radar. At 2-3 they are off to a mediocre start, but good enough for 3rd place in the competitive West. Although it's early in the season, it appears the Silver Stars will be one of four teams in the West fighting for two playoff spots.
7. Atlanta Dream (2-4), Slow starts are nothing new for the Dream. Angel McCoughtry is one of the best players in the league and she will get this team clicking sooner than later.
8. Phoenix Mercury (2-4), With Diana Taurasi missing games with a strained left-hip flexor, the goal has to be to stay afloat until she returns. Taurasi is the key to success for that team.
9. Seattle Storm (1-5), The Storm are off to a terrible start, they have had the toughest schedule in the league and Lauren Jackson won't be back until after the Olympics. The cards are stacked against the Storm this season.
10. New York Liberty (2-5), It looks like the Liberty are starting to play well and they have a win-able game on Friday against Washington.
11. Washington Mystics (1-4), There isn't much to say here, the Mystics aren't very good.
12. Tulsa Shock (0-6), The Shock hang around in a lot of their games, but somehow always find a way to lose. Many thought the Shock would be better, but it is beginning more and more to look like they are the team that went 3-31 last season.
Most recent Storm posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.