Family escapes fire at Lake Stevens home
The fire broke out about 12:40 a.m. in the 11300 block of 21st Place NE, just south of Lake Stevens High School, deputy fire chief Larry Huff said.
Two children were asleep at the time. The homeowner smelled smoke and got everyone out, Huff said.
Investigators determined that the fire started in a fireplace ventilation pipe, Huff said. It spread into the second story and parts of the roof and attic.
Damage was estimated at $50,000. Crews from Marysville and Getchell also responded.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.