King's Friedline commits to Yale
"Just committed to Yale!! I'm so excited for the next chapter of my life!" Friedline (@the_real_mason_) wrote on Twitter Wednesday.
Friedline, who stands 6-foot-5, 275-pounds and projects to be an offensive guard in college, was named to The Herald's All-Area second-team defensive line and was All-Cascade Conference first team offensive and defensive line.
He had offers from six Pac-12 schools, including Washington, Cal and Arizona, Boise State, Duke and a few Ivy League schools besides Yale. Rivals.com has Friedline ranked as the 44th best offensive guard in the nation.
"Friedline is efficient as a center however we feel his size and athleticism are better suited for the offensive guard position at the major level of competition," an ESPN analyst wrote on ESPN.com, "while it appears his frame is capable of supporting additional body mass over time his explosion and playing strength will need to improve."
Friedline and fellow senior quarterback Billy Green give the Knights high hopes going into the 2012 season.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Meadowdale's Schafer headed to WSU May 17
- Live video: Edmonds-Woodway vs. Glacier Peak boys soccer district championship May 16
- Live video: Meadowdale vs. Glacier Peak district boys soccer May 12
- Live video: Edmonds-Woodway vs. Shorewood district boys soccer May 12
- Live video: Edmonds-Woodway vs. Mountlake Terrace softball May 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.