Brett Kingma announces transfer to WSU on Twitter
At least he said so on Twitter.
"Excited to go to washington state this year and continue my journey in pullman," Kingma tweeted around noon on Tuesday.
With the Washington State basketball team in Australia it will be a while before the team can confirm Kingma's transfer but the signs point to the former Jackson star spending the next four years playing for the Ken Bone and the Cougars.
Kingma was granted his release by Oregon in early June. He will have to sit out this season per NCAA transfer rules and should be available to play as a redshirt sophomore in the 2013-14 season.
Kingma told The Herald in June shortly after his release that he was transferring because he felt that his best future was somewhere other than Eugene and that playing time did weigh in his decision to leave. "I want to go somewhere where I feel I can reach my full potential," Kingma said.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Lake Stevens completes sweep of Yelm, Orting Jan. 23
- Lake Stevens' Soler wins battle of state champs at Orting Jan. 23
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Edmonds-Woodway boys basketball Jan. 23
- Live video: Jackson vs. Snohomish boys basketball Jan. 23
- Live video: Lynnwood vs. Glacier Peak wrestling Jan. 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.