The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 9:34 p.m.

Kids with fireworks ignite blaze in Edmonds

EDMONDS -- Fireworks started a fire that caused $30,000 in damage to a house in Edmonds.
The fire was ignited by a 6-year-old and a 5-year-old who found the fountain firework while the family was setting up for a garage sale Sunday afternoon, Snohomish Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.
Crews put out the fire at the one-story house, located on the 8200 block of Sierra Drive.
The house had damage on a wall and ceiling, Hynes said.
A firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation, but he was able to return to work afterward, Hynes said.
Story tags » EdmondsFirefighting

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...