WNBA Power Rankings
Minnesota firmly back on top in first rankings of second half of the season
2. Los Angeles Sparks (19-9), Led by Candace Parker, Kristi Toliver and Nneka Ogwumike, the Sparks appear to have things figured out as they head toward the postseason.
3. Connecticut Sun (20-7), It has been an MVP-type season for Tina Charles and the Sun are closing in on the top seed in the East.
4. San Antonio Silver Stars (17-9), The Silver Stars were on such a high before the break that they couldn't keep it up forever, but despite a few losses, they are just a game behind L.A. for the second seed in the West.
5. Indiana Fever (17-9), Tamika Catchings is making a case for back-to-back MVP's and the Fever are once again near the top in the East.
6. Atlanta Dream (15-13), This time it took the firing of a coach, but just like the past two seasons, the Dream appear to be picking it up late. They are third in the East now, but they have their sight set on a third-straight WNBA Finals appearance.
7. Seattle Storm (12-14), The Storm have struggled since Lauren Jackson's return, but Thursday was a sign that they might be headed in the right direction. They scored 101 points against Tulsa and Jackson scored 23 points in just 14 minutes.
8. New York Liberty (11-16), The Liberty have finally crept past the Chicago Sky for the fourth and final spot in the East, but I expect these two teams to battle it out until the last game for that coveted spot in the postseason.
9. Chicago Sky (10-16), If it weren't for injuries, who knows how good the Sky could have been in 2012.
10. Phoenix Mercury (6-20), With Diana Taurasi back in the lineup, this team is much better than its record.
11. Tulsa Shock (6-21), The Shock have really been playing some good basketball of late. At the very least they have clearly separated themselves from Washington for the league's worst team.
12. Washington Mystics (5-22), I wonder if Britney Griner likes the nation's capital.
Most recent Storm posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.