Rams' Saffold suffers neck injury against Lions
Saffold crumpled awkwardly after disengaging from Lions safety John Wendling on a long St. Louis pass. The Rams scored a touchdown on the play to take a 20-13 lead with 9:45 remaining.
Saffold remained down for several minutes, and some Rams players held hands and formed a prayer circle on their sideline. Saffold was eventually lifted onto the cart but did not appear to be moving much. But coach Jeff Fisher said after the game Saffold had movement in his limbs and would undergo a CT scan.
The 6-foot-5, 314-pound Saffold is in his third season with the Rams. He started nine games last season after starting 16 as a rookie.
- Seahawks look to improve run game 9/10/13
- NFL falls leave 1 fan dead, 2 hurt 9/9/13
- Carroll: Seahawks fortunate to win season opener 9/9/13
- X-rays show no damage to Romo's ribs 9/9/13
- NFL reviewing Suh's block for potential discipline 9/9/13
- Hand injury sidelines Jaguars' Gabbert 9/9/13
- Starks, Wallace unhappy despite Dolphins' 1-0 start 9/9/13
- Eagles hold on, beat Redskins 33-27 9/9/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.