Western State Hospital patient dies after choking
Social and Health Services spokeswoman Jennifer Gau said Monday that the unidentified patient died Saturday night at a local hospital after life support was removed in consultation with the patient's guardian.
The patient choked during Thursday night dinner at Western State. Gau said hospital staffers provided first aid and called 911. The patient never regained consciousness.
The spokeswoman declined to release the name or gender of the patient.
The hospital will conduct a review of the death.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.