ANA to order 11 Boeing 787-9s
The carrier announced the purchase on Friday.
In a statement, Boeing noted that ANA exercised options it already had for 787s.
ANA was the launch customer of the Boeing Dreamliner, receiving the first 787-8 last September.
Boeing plans to deliver its first 787-9, which seats an additional 40 passengers compared to the 787-8, in early 2014.
ANA noted that the order for another 11 Dreamliner jets brings its total of 787s ordered to 66 -- 36 787-8s and 30 787-9s. The company has received 13 787-8s so far, it said. The 11 787-9s ordered by ANA will be delivered between 2018 and 2021.
The airline said the extra 787s would help give ANA "stability" in its business plan.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing, Machinists close to announcing performance payout Feb. 5
- Avianca chooses Airbus over Boeing for $10.6B order Feb. 5
- Emirates gets proposal for 100 Boeing jumbo jets Feb. 4
- Boeing advertisement lacks the state’s seal of approval Jan. 29
- Four Boeing Everett workers fired for drug violations Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.