Herald Health: The joys and challenges of parenting
In this issue of Herald Health, we look at parenting from preconception to the birth to the introduction of another sibling -- or six more, in the case of one family.
We talk to doulas and their clients. We hear advice from health care providers. We check in with the Providence Everett's Pavilion for Women and Children, which has been going strong for 10 years.
So snatch a moment of time, maybe while the kids are sleeping, and read more.
• Always on the go: A mother of seven on the joys and adventures of raising a large family.
• Parenting tips: What a mother of seven has learned over the years.
• Prepare your body: Eat right, exercise, get your vaccinations, and other tips to get ready for pregnancy.
• A friend and ally: A doula is there to make labor easier on both mother and father.
• The beautiful bump: Henna art and belly casts celebrate pregnancy.
• 10 years and counting: A decade after it opened, the Providence Pavilion for Women and Children is going strong.
• The circumcision decision: It's a personal choice for parents, but new guidelines can help.
• Birth centers: Which one is right for you? Try a free tour to help you decide where to deliver.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.