Lynnwood looks at how to replace kicked off councilwoman
The vacancy is for the position that Kimberly Cole held before her fellow council members removed her at last week's meeting, citing an excessive number of unexcused absences.
The council will set a date for applications for the position to be available, a deadline for return of completed applications, a date for current council members to interview applicants and a date for a final decision.
The council must select someone within 90 days of the vacancy or the county council will make the appointment.
The person selected will serve through certification of the November 2013 election.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.