Police: Bears fan gets throat slashed in Florida bar
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says 42-year-old William C. "Chris" Pettry died early Sunday inside Fionn MacCool's, an Irish-themed restaurant.
Twenty-seven-year-old Matthew Hinson is being held without bond on a murder charge. Jacksonville jail records didn't list an attorney for Hinson.
The Florida-Times Union reported on Monday that witnesses told detectives Hinson cut Pettry's throat after the victim had been talking with the suspect's wife. Detectives say Hinson then put the bloody knife in his pocket and calmly walked out of the restaurant.
Pettry lived in Lake Villa, Ill., about 50 miles from Chicago.
- Carroll curious to see how Seahawks respond 10/8/13
- Falcons could lose WR Jones for season 10/8/13
- Eagles' Jackson: I'm too fast for Bucs' Revis 10/8/13
- Colts lose Bradshaw with season-ending surgery 10/8/13
- Jets' Sanchez has season-ending shoulder surgery 10/8/13
- NFL could choose team for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' 10/8/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.