Vilma takes bounty matter back to federal court
In papers filed in U.S. District Court in New Orleans on Monday, Vilma says NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell engaged in a "farcical review" of his previously vacated disciplinary action before reaffirming the Saints linebacker's full-season ban last week.
Although Vilma has an appeal pending within the framework of the NFL's labor agreement, the linebacker argues that Goodell has continued to abuse his power and demonstrate bias, leaving no hope for a fair process that would respect Vilma's "industrial due process rights."
Vilma also asks U.S. District court Judge Ginger Berrigan to bar Goodell from handling any further action in the bounty matter and appoint a neutral arbitrator.
- Seahawks' Wright will replace injured Wagner at middle linebacker 10/16/14
- Seahawks' Baldwin stands by what he said following loss to Cowboys 10/16/14
- Rams are always tough opponent for Seahawks 10/16/14
- Hawks' Carroll says transition from rugby to NFL is difficult challenge 10/16/14
- Source: NFL fines Bengals' Burfict $25,000 10/15/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.