Port of Everett's No. 2 seeks Bellingham job
Reardanz, the No. 2 executive in Everett, was among more than 100 applicants and was one of eight finalists interviewed by commissioners in Bellingham. They have winnowed the field to three, and those three will meet the public at a reception Oct. 29.
The other two candidates are Jonathan Daniels, executive director for the Port of Oswego, N.Y., and William Panos, public works and port director for the city of West Sacramento, Calif.
Of Reardanz, the Bellingham Herald writes:
Les Reardanz, a former Bellingham assistant city attorney who is now chief administrative officer at the Port of Everett. Before taking the Everett job, Reardanz played a key role in negotiations between the city and the port over waterfront redevelopment and held the title of waterfront project manager. He is a captain in the U.S. Navy Reserve who has served in Afghanistan and Iraq.Reardanz has been at the Port of Everett less than two years, reporting to Executive Director John Mohr and overseeing fiscal matters, human resources, contracts, public records requests and union negotiations.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Bothell’s Advisory Lending makes new hire March 26
- Briefs: Providence CEO to serve at March for Babies chairman March 24
- Briefs: Canyon Creek adds VP of operations March 23
- Nominate business and community leaders for annual awards March 20
- Briefs: Former Washington first lady to speak at EvCC foundation benefit March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.