Port of Everett's No. 2 seeks Bellingham job
Reardanz, the No. 2 executive in Everett, was among more than 100 applicants and was one of eight finalists interviewed by commissioners in Bellingham. They have winnowed the field to three, and those three will meet the public at a reception Oct. 29.
The other two candidates are Jonathan Daniels, executive director for the Port of Oswego, N.Y., and William Panos, public works and port director for the city of West Sacramento, Calif.
Of Reardanz, the Bellingham Herald writes:
Les Reardanz, a former Bellingham assistant city attorney who is now chief administrative officer at the Port of Everett. Before taking the Everett job, Reardanz played a key role in negotiations between the city and the port over waterfront redevelopment and held the title of waterfront project manager. He is a captain in the U.S. Navy Reserve who has served in Afghanistan and Iraq.Reardanz has been at the Port of Everett less than two years, reporting to Executive Director John Mohr and overseeing fiscal matters, human resources, contracts, public records requests and union negotiations.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Lynnwood lighting designer speaks in Mexico City April 27
- Briefs: Tourism bureau adds group sales, events coordinator April 21
- Briefs: Crane Aerospace expands in Lynnwood April 20
- Briefs: Two join Mill Town Credit Union board April 15
- Briefs: Health professional elected to nationwide association April 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.