The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

Fire in portable prompts Cathcart school evacuation

CLEARVIEW -- A fire in a portable classroom Friday morning briefly emptied Cathcart Elementary School.
Fire crews were dispatched to the school shortly before 8:30 a.m. when someone reported the classroom was filled with smoke.
No one was using the classroom at the time, Snohomish School District officials said. The portable is used for occupational therapy.
Firefighters determined the heating unit was the most probable source, Snohomish County Fire District 7 spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. They cut into the side of the building to gain access and pulled down part of the ceiling to confirm there was no active fire.
Students and staff were allowed to return to the other classrooms around 9:30 a.m.
Damage was estimated at $10,000.
Story tags » ClearviewFire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...