Record-breaking night in Spokane takes down Monroe QB record
But there was another state record that fell in that game. Shadle Park sophomore quarterback Brett Rypien — who is the nephew of Super Bowl-winning quarterback Mark Rypien — threw for 577 yards, to eclipse the previous single-game mark by 61 yards. That mark was set two year ago by Monroe's Joey Roppo, who threw for 516 yards against Marysville Pilchuck in 2010.
For a list of Washington state's prep football all-time state records, click here.
Here's a look at the video of Rehkow's kick:
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Lake Stevens completes sweep of Yelm, Orting Jan. 23
- Lake Stevens' Soler wins battle of state champs at Orting Jan. 23
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Edmonds-Woodway boys basketball Jan. 23
- Live video: Jackson vs. Snohomish boys basketball Jan. 23
- Live video: Lynnwood vs. Glacier Peak wrestling Jan. 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.