Deadline today to Lynnwood council vacancy
The applications are for the position that former Councilwoman Kim Cole held before the other members of the council dismissed her for excessive absences,
The current council members will select Cole's successor in early November. The new council member will serve through the 2013 election.
Two of the three former council members who lost in the 2011 election say they won't apply for the position.
Both former Councilman Ted Hikel and former Councilman Jim Smith say they won't apply. Former Councilman Ed dos Remedios couldn't be reached.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.