That's down from 8.3 percent in August, according to a report released Tuesday by the state Employment Security Department.
The county's jobless rate was down 1.2 percentage points last month from September 2011 when unemployment was 8.8 percent.
Last month, 2,370 fewer people were unemployed in Snohomish County than in August.
The unemployment rate for the state of Washington was 7.7 percent in September, down from 8.5 percent in August.
King County's jobless rate was at 6.9 percent in September while Skagit County's was 8.5 percent.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Snohomish County engineer honored by traffic institute July 24
- Briefs: Machinist to perform as Elvis at charity concert July 23
- Briefs: Wine Spectator honors three Snohomish County restaurants July 22
- Briefs: EdCC hires new VP of Instruction July 21
- Briefs: Snohomish County leads nation in manufacturing growth over 50 years July 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.