County's jobless rate drops to 7.6 percent
That's down from 8.3 percent in August, according to a report released Tuesday by the state Employment Security Department.
The county's jobless rate was down 1.2 percentage points last month from September 2011 when unemployment was 8.8 percent.
Last month, 2,370 fewer people were unemployed in Snohomish County than in August.
The unemployment rate for the state of Washington was 7.7 percent in September, down from 8.5 percent in August.
King County's jobless rate was at 6.9 percent in September while Skagit County's was 8.5 percent.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Students find new ways to use industrial tools in Fluke contest Nov. 20
- Briefs: Arlington Family Chiropractic husband-and-wife duo honored Nov. 20
- State adds jobs, but unemployment rate rises slightly Nov. 19
- Briefs: EvCC to launch research boat Nov. 19
- Briefs: Western Washington Medical welcomes new providers Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.