Best prep performances from the week of Oct. 22-27
Joe Dyer / The Herald
Amy-Eloise Neale of Glacier Peak competes in the 3a Cross Country Championships at Lakewood High School Saturday. Neale got first place in her race with nearly 45 seconds between her and the second place runner.
Mark Mulligan / The Herald
Meadowdale junior Nick Ekern, 17, returns a ball to Jonathan Wolf (not pictured), 16, a senior at Stanwood, during their Wesco 3A championship match at Resilient Fitness in Stanwood Wednesday afternoon. Ekern won the match.
Jennifer Buchanan / The Herald
King's quarterback Billy Green throws out a pass during Friday night's game against Lakewood.
Football | King's
The Knights quarterback completed 23-of-34 passes for 312 yards and six touchdowns as King's clinched its first-ever Cascade Conference title with a 55-35 win over Lakewood.
Counting the votes: Stanwood's Brian O'Donnell won the fan vote. Herald prep editor Aaron Swaney and Herald writers David Krueger, Jon Saperstein and Aaron Lommers voted for Green. Herald writer Rich Myhre voted for Glacier Peak quarterback Chris Becerra.
Girls soccer | Stanwood
The Spartans forward scored a goal in a win over Marysville Pilchuck and assisted on both goals in a win over Oak Harbor as Stanwood catapulted itself from fourth place to the No. 2 seed from the Wesco 3A North. Allison then scored two goals and had an assist in the Spartans first-round district win over Ferndale.
Volleyball | Shorewood
The Thunderbirds outside hitter had 22 kills and 35 digs in a five-set thriller as Shorewood outlasted Meadowdale in a Wesco 3A South match that helped the T-birds wrap up the league title.
Boys soccer | Grace Academy
The Eagles forward scored a goal in a win over La Conner as Grace Academy wrapped up second place in the Northwest 1A/2B/1B and had two goals as the Eagles won their district opener over Crosspoint Academy.
Boys tennis | Meadowdale
The Mavs junior singles player beat friend and foe Stanwood's Jonathan Wolf 6-4, 6-2 to win the 3A District 1 singles championship match for his first district title.
Boys cross country | Kamiak
The Knights harrier finished eighth overall as the Knights won their first-ever district title at the 4A Bi-District Cross Country Championships at Lakewood H.S. on Saturday.
Girls cross country | Glacier Peak
The Grizzlies runner overcame the cold conditions to win a district title and help the Glacier Peak girls wrap up their fifth-straight district title at the 3A District 1 Cross Country Championships at Lakewood H.S.
- Best prep performances for the week April 13-18 4/23/13
- The best prep performances from April 1-6 4/9/13
- The best prep performances for the week March 25-30 4/2/13
- Best prep performances from the week of March 18-23 3/26/13
- The best prep performances from the week of March 11-16 3/19/13
- The best prep performances from the week of Feb. 4-9 2/12/13
- Best prep performances from the week of Jan. 7-12 1/15/13
- Best prep performances from the week of Jan. 2-5 1/8/13
- Best prep performances for the week Dec. 24-29 1/1/13
- Best prep performances from the week of Dec. 3-8 12/11/12
- Best prep performances for the week of Nov. 26-Dec. 1 12/4/12