PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland firefighters found a "rodent bomb" placed by a homeowner in his house's eves that sparked a one-alarm blaze. The fire on Saturday was limited, but forced firefighters to cut holes in the house's roof. Portland Fire and Rescue blames the rodent bomb for the fire. The homeowner told firefighters he was trying to kill squirrels in the attic. The rodent bomb operated for about 30 minutes before the toxic gas dissipated and the homeowner stopped watching it. Shortly thereafter, a neighbor told the homeowner his roof was on fire.