The council will meet tonight because Monday, its normal meeting day, was the Veterans Day holiday.
The council will select the three finalists from among nine semifinalists whom the eight current council members interviewed Nov 8.
The council selected the nine semifinalists from a field of 15 applicants.
Council President Loren Simmonds said Monday that the council would discuss the semifinalists in executive session at the end of other business Tuesday and reconvene to vote to select three finalists.
The council plans to make the selection Nov. 23 and swear in the new council member Dec. 10 the last regular meeting of the year.
The new council member will serve through the November 2013, election, when he or she could run for a full four-year term.
The vacancy was created when the council dismissed former Councilwoman Kim Cole for excessive absences,
Those interviewed were Douglas Lovitt, Larry Matlin; Rod Ronquillo, Maria Ambalada, Louise Stanton-Maston, Robert Larsen; Shirley Sutton, R. Clayton Strang and the Rev. Mr. M. Christopher Boyer.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Issue statements from candidates for Lynnwood Council position #4 July 1
- July 6 deadline for voter registration June 30
- Kagi says legislature will pass budget, avert shutdown June 29
- Liias says Supreme Court decision makes promise of America real June 29
- Eyman optimistic about getting initiative on November ballots June 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.