Create a unique Christmas gift at Schack center
Schack Art Center is offering classes to help you create a handmade holiday gift such as a fused-glass picture frame, a decorative painted glass bottle for oil and vinegar, or a set of one-of-a-kind watercolor holiday cards.
Schack's Holiday Gift Making classes are quick and reasonably priced, and give participants a taste of glass-blowing, working with a kiln, or making collages or watercolor paintings.
Some of the workshops even offer a chance for the whole family to create together. Those include the Up-cycle Jewelry Workshop with Celeste Douville, Watercolor Holiday Cards with Charlene Freeman and Decorative Painted Bottles with Karen Boulton.
These classes are open to youth with a participating adult.
Schack also is continuing its Make it Now series in the hot shop with Make Your Own Glass Ornaments.
This series runs Sunday afternoons through Dec. 16. Cost is $55 per person and registration is recommended.
For a complete list of Holiday Gift Making Classes go to schack.org. Classes are held at Schack Art Center, 2921 Hoyt Ave., Everett. For more information call 425-259-5050.
- Books to buy the bibliophile on your list 12/14/14
- A few gifts for your favorite pet 12/14/14
- Gifts for foodie on your list 12/14/14
- Explore NW: Gift ideas for your favorite outdoor adventurer (or yourself) 12/14/14
- Smart financial gifts for young adults 12/14/14
- The best travel gifts for 2014 12/11/14
- A cookbook for everyone on your gift list 12/9/14
- Cards that say more than just ‘happy holidays’ 12/9/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.