G James Carpenter cleared to return to action
"He's going to practice today," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. "We will have everybody at practice today. A couple of guys in limited fashion, but everybody is gonna go. We'll see how Carp handles it, and we're anxious to see him get back out there."
Carroll said he has not yet decided if Carpenter will return to his starting spot at left guard this week.
"We'll see," he said. "We'll see how the week goes and see what happens. I just want to take it one day at a time and see how that goes. John (Moffitt) is ready to go too. This will be a good opportunity to capture him today. We'll have the pads on, we'll be knocking it around a little bit, and see if he's fit to come back. He's been cleared, so we're anxious to see how he handles it."
One other piece of news; receiver Charly Martin has been signed from practice squad to the active roster. He fills the roster spot vacated when safety Winston Guy was suspended Tuesday for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs.
Here is Wednesday's injury report:
G James Carpenter (concussion)
RB Marshawn Lynch (back)
DE Greg Scruggs (oblique)
CB Byron Maxwell (hamstring)
DT Clinton McDonald (groin)
LB K.J. Wright (concussion)
Did not participate in practice
LB Austin Spitler (ankle)
LB Karlos Dansby (bicep)
P Brandon Fields (L knee)
C Mike Pouncey (ankle)
S Jimmy Wilson (ribs)
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
- Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski playing 'Mortal Kombat' is comedy gold Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.