Holmgren leaving Browns' organization immediately
Following Cleveland's 20-14 win over the rival Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, a Browns spokesman said the game was Holmgren's last with the team. The 64-year-old former coach had hoped to stay until the end of the season in an advisory role, but left open the possibility of an earlier departure.
He has been replaced by new owner Jimmy Haslam with CEO Joe Banner, who spent 19 years with Philadelphia. Holmgren spoke to several players and Haslam in the locker room. He will address the media on Monday.
The Browns went 12-31 under Holmgren, hired by former owner Randy Lerner to fix his franchise.
Holmgren has indicated he's still interested in coaching. There have been stories about him joining the Dallas Cowboys.
- Reports: Seahawks' Browner facing suspension 11/25/13
- Raiders' fan survives jump as man breaks her fall 11/25/13
- Titans' Griffin appealing one-game suspension 11/25/13
- Chiefs' Hali, Houston might miss Broncos' game 11/25/13
- Broncos get good news on Moreno, Rodgers-Cromartie 11/25/13
- Kaepernick leads 49ers to 27-6 win over Redskins 11/25/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.