Sounders defender Patrick Ianni wins MLS Goal of the Year
But Vegas doesn't put odds on such trivial matters, so nobody got rich of the defender's shocking goal against Kansas City in June. And really, this award isn't anything to make a big deal out of. It's determined by a fan vote, which gives any Sounders player a pretty big leg up. So why am I dedicating a blog post to an award I just said isn't that significant?
Because it's an excuse to watch a rather tremendous goal another time.
When Ianni was asked after the game if that was the best goal he had ever scored--it was only the third of his MLS career--he said, "Yeah, definitely. Best goal in practice, games—since I was born, yeah.”
In quotes provided by the team Thursday, Ianni said of watching the goal now, "It makes me laugh every time I see it because I don't think of myself as someone that would try something so audacious."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Anthony McCoy reportedly re-signs with Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.