Head out to Northshore Performing Arts in Bothell to hear the Rainier Symphony Orchestra and watch the Emerald Ballet Theatre perform this holiday classic.
Shows are at 2 p.m. Dec. 1, 2, 8 and 9 at Northshore Performing Arts Center, 18125 92nd Ave. NE, Bothell.
Tickets are $20, $30, $35. Call 425-984-2471 or go to www.npacf.org.
Guest artists from the American Ballet Theatre and the San Francisco Ballet join the Emerald Ballet and a live orchestra during this performance.
This "Nutcracker" is done in the Russian tradition as young Clara enters the world of Sugar Plum Fairies, Snowflakes and a Nutcracker prince.
"A Storybook Nutcracker": Here's another way to get "Nutcracking" early this year, and this narrated production is especially good for children to help them grasp the story.
Local actor and director Sue Weingarten will narrate to bring this story alive, with the help of 50 dancers and actors.
This fully staged production with snow and scenery has been a tradition in Everett for 18 years as director Jennifer Greene and Alderwood Dance Spectrum present the story of Clara and the Nutcracker prince in this family friendly way.
To help children sit through the long opening act, Greene presents a shortened version of Act I. There's an interactive part where the characters engage the audience as guests and Mother Ginger, aka Darlene Larsen, greets guests and invites them to the Christmas party, according to press material about the show.
"A Storybook Nutcracker" is to be performed at 9:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Dec. 6; 7 p.m. Dec. 7; and 2 and 7 p.m. Dec. 8 at the Snohomish County PUD Auditorium, 2320 California Ave., Everett.
Tickets are $15. Go to brownpapertickets.com or call 800-838-3006. For more information call Alderwood Dance Spectrum at 425-771-2994 or go to www.alderwooddancespectrum.com.
• "A Storybook Nutcracker": 9:45 and 12:15 p.m. Thursday, 7 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday at the PUD Auditorium, 2320 California St., Everett; 800-838-3006; www.brownpapertickets.com. Featuring the Alderwood Dance Spectrum; www.alderwooddancespectrum.com. Tickets $15.
• Emerald Ballet Theatre: 2 p.m. Dec. 1, 2, 8 and 9 at the Northshore Performing Arts Center, 18125 92nd Ave. NE, Bothell; 425-9842-2471; www.npacf.org.Tickets are $20 to $35.
• Pacific Northwest Ballet: Various times and dates, Dec. 7 through 29 at 321 Mercer St. Seattle; 206-441-2424; www.pnb.org. Tickets $25 to $125 for adults and $22 to $113 for kids. Tickets available by phone, online or at the box office, 301 Mercer Street, Seattle.
• Olympic Ballet: See below for times, dates, locations; 425-774-7570; www.olympicballet.com. Tickets $20, $25 and $30.
• Brynes Performing Arts Center: 10:30 a.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7 and 8, at 18821 Crown Ridge Blvd., Arlington.
• Edmonds Center for the Arts: 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. Friday and 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 and 15, and at 5 p.m. Dec. 22 at 410 4th Ave. N.
• Everett Performing Arts Center: 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, 1 and 5 p.m. Sunday Dec. 22 and 23 at 2710 Wetmore Ave.
More Entertainment Headlines
Tuesday’s highlights on TV Subject of film ‘Larry Kramer in Love & Anger’ shies from limelight ‘Seinfeld’ unit recreated as Hulu releases episodes Monday’s highlights on TV Wedded bliss put to the test in ‘The Overnight’ After 40 years, JT finally hits No. 1 Capsule reviews of the next week’s video releases, on DVD and Blu-ray Get Colbert fix on this podcast
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.