4 in Spokane Valley treated for carbon monoxide
The fire department says crews had responded to a medical call at a home and were treating a 21-year-old woman Thursday morning when their carbon monoxide monitors sounded an alarm.
A local utility was investigating the source of the gas.
The condition of the four people was not known.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can cause sudden illness and death. It is found in combustion fumes. Common symptoms of poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and confusion.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.