Trooper unhurt in I-5 crash near Mountlake Terrace
The trooper, 26, was speeding up to pull someone over when he lost control of the car, spun out and hit a guardrail, said trooper Mark Francis with the Washington State Patrol.
It happened just after 1 a.m. on the northbound lanes of the highway, just south of 220th Street SW. Traffic was light, and rains were heavy at the time, Francis said.
The squad car sustained significant damage.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
- Officer, suspect injured after gunfire in Marysville, Lake Stevens, Granite Falls Oct. 15
- Quick thinking helps fight Mukilteo fire Oct. 13
- Gunfire linked to gang fight in Lynnwood Oct. 9
- Edmonds man arrested after rifle fired into the air Oct. 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.