Vote for Boys Basketball Player of the Week
Here's a look at the nominees:
• Bayek Tutlam, Mariner: The Marauders forward scored 22 points in a win over Everett and averaged 17 points per game as Mariner opened the season 3-0.
• Terry Dawn, Arlington: The Eagles wing scored 27 in a nonleague win over Marysville Getchell and added 16 and 15 in wins over Marysville Pilchuck and Everett, respectively, as Arlington opened the season 3-0.
• Drew Sears, Stanwood: The Spartans 6-foot-10 post scored 14 points and blocked six shots in a season-opening victory over Mount Vernon. He also had 16 points in a win over Mountain View and 15 in a loss to Union.
• Greg Bowman, Mountlake Terrace: The Hawks post scored 22 and 20 in wins over Edmonds School District rivals Edmonds-Woodway and Lynnwood, respectively, and 10 in a win over Eastlake.
• Jason Todd, Jackson: The Timberwolves forward scored a game-high 22 points in a big early season win over Glacier Peak and had 17 in a season-opening win over Redmond.
• Zach Pederson, Glacier Peak: The Grizzlies post averaged 16 points per game in a pair of games this week.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Area baseball leaders | April 17 April 17
- Area softball leaders | April 17 April 17
- Brett Kingma signs to play at Western April 17
- Snohomish Lacrosse Club hosts all day homecoming event April 16
- Rainouts for Wednesday, April 16 April 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.