Sparking conversations this Hanukkah
A great book for helping this conversation along is One World, Many Religions: The Ways We Worship by Mary Pope Osborne. (This book is available from Sno-Isle Libraries.)
I know what you are thinking. “Mary Pope Osborne? Isn’t she the lady who wrote all of those Magic Tree House books?” Yup! It’s the same author. Apparently Mary Pope Osborne also has her degree in religion from the University of North Carolina, and has traveled all over the world including the Middle East and Asia.
One World, Many Religions is almost like a coffee table book written for children. There are beautiful pictures and easy to follow text about the world’s major religions including: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism.
So happy Hanukkah to all of my Jewish friends! I hope your dreidel lands on Gimmel.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Traveling without your children requires keeping guilt at bay Feb. 8
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.