Family fun in Seattle this Christmas
My kids were both a bit disappointed to know that our holiday tour wouldn’t be going into water, but once they had red plastic “quackers” in hand, they were fully onboard with the itinerary. My 7-year-old loved it when the driver started playing “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer”, and my 3-year-old was an especially vigorous bell ringer.
At just 40 minutes long, the holiday tour is a good choice for little ones who might start to misbehave on the full-fledged 90 minute land/water tour. (It’s also a bit cheaper.) There are wool blankets on every seat, but we dressed warmly anyways.
The ducks depart from the Westlake Center which means that after our ride was over there were lots of things to do. We headed over to the Holiday Carousel benefiting Treehouse. Then, after the merry-go-round, we walked down to Pacific Place and tanked up on hot cocoa. If I had timed it better, I would have scheduled things so that we could have been there at 6 p.m. to see it snow in the atrium. Note to self for next year!
For more information about Christmas in Seattle, please check out Holidays in Seattle.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
- Discovering the magic of Disney through kids’ eyes Dec. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.