Seahawks CB Brandon Browner back from suspension, ready to play
"I’m very excited, man," he said Thursday. "I’m glad to be back out here with my team. Enjoying that."
Browner said he went back home to Southern California to work out, trying to mimic a week of practice as much as he could, and that while he knows there will be rust, he will be ready for Sunday's game in Washington.
"Most definitely," he said. "It starts in the head. I’m mentally tough. I know I’ll be a little tired out there, but at the end of the day, I’m fighting for a playoff victory, so I’ll be all right."
Browner didn't get into details about his suspension or failed drug test, but when asked why he dropped his appeal, he said, "It was about that time. Sometimes you make mistakes, and I was fortunate that the guys continued to win."
And while Browner missed playing for a month, it was easier to sit home and watch games on Sunday because the Seahawks won all four games during his suspension.
"It was fun, because we were kicking everybody’s butt," he said. "I was missing not playing with the guys, but it was awesome to watch from that prospective. The progression of our quarterback is awesome. He’s playing like one of the elite quarterbacks, then our defense is playing lights out, like when I left. They didn’t skip a beat."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury updates: Okung and Unger won't play, but Sweezy will Dec. 19
- Seahawks sign DE Cliff Avril to a four-year contract extension Dec. 19
- Seahawks Thursday injury report: three of five starting linemen still sitting out Dec. 18
- K.J. Wright on new contract with Seahawks: 'this just feels like home.' Dec. 18
- Seahawks sign LB Wright to four-year extension Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.