Drive-through error at McDonald’s sparks gunfire
The incident occurred outside the McDonald’s at Kellogg and Dugan, Sgt. Bill Stevens said. No one was injured, he said.
Wichita police have blocked off a street in front of a home where a male suspect from the case is believed to be. Officers are waiting for a search warrant.
Stevens gave this account: A couple had received an order at the McDonald’s and realized the order was wrong. Instead of going to the back of the drive-through lane, they tried to cut in front of another vehicle in the drive-through. An altercation ensued.
A woman driving the car that tried to cut in front threw a crowbar at the other vehicle. Her male passenger exited the vehicle with a shotgun and fired one shot into the driver’s side door of the second vehicle as it was exiting the drive-through. The vehicle that was shot at had a man and woman inside.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Amateur rocketeers cheer as porta-potty takes to sky Dec. 7
- Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado Dec. 5
- Explosive episode: WWII grenade was embedded in Austria firewood Dec. 1
- MIT engineers have high hopes for cheetah robot Nov. 30
- Snow bird? Lost hummer gets lift from Minnesota to Texas Nov. 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.