Here's what Inslee's top staff will earn
Mary Alice Heuschel, his chief of staff, will be the highest paid of his senior staff at $166,000 annually. That figure is the total after calculating in a 3 percent salary reduction mandated in the last budget cycle, according to a spokeswoman for Inslee's transition team.
Here is what other hires in Inslee's administration will be paid. All the figures reflect their salaries after the 3 percent reduction.
David Schumacher, director of the Office of Financial Management, $158,160
Kevin Quigley,secretary of the Department of Social and Health Services, $158, 160
Dale Peinecke, director of the Employment Security Department, $147,153
Joby Shimomura, senior advisor, $140,650
Joel Sacks, commissioner of the Department of Labor and Industries, $140,650
Ted Sturdevant, executive director for legislative affairs and policy, $137,304
David Postman, executive director of communications, $131,040
Marcie Frost, director of the Department of Retirement Systems, $126,964
Alfie Alvarado-Ramos,director of the Department of Veterans Affairs, $116,964
To get an idea how these salaries stack up with those currently in the same position, go to the database of employee salaries at fiscal.wa.gov.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- House plans vote Tuesday on hiking minimum wage March 2
- Bill creating Silver Alert system clears Senate March 2
- Lt. Gov. Owen says behavior of GOP senator is inappropriate and must stop Feb. 17
- Everett lawmaker presses bill to link aerospace tax breaks with jobs Feb. 16
- AG rejects Seattle man's request for 600 million emails Feb. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.