Michelle Obama gets new look for her 49th
The last time Mrs. Obama was seen in public, earlier this month when she and her family returned from Hawaii, her dark, shoulder-length hair was held away from her face by a headband. Her next public appearances will come Saturday, when she helps kick off several days of inaugural festivities.
Thursday turned out to be a busy day for the first lady. Along with the new Twitter presence, she celebrated her 49th birthday.
Obamas mark first lady's birthday dining Italian
The White House says the president and Mrs. Obama are having dinner with friends at Cafe Milano, an Italian restaurant.
The first lady turned 49 on Thursday.
Reporters traveling with the president were not allowed to accompany him inside the restaurant in Washington's upscale Georgetown neighborhood.
Earlier Thursday, Obama dropped by the headquarters of the Presidential Inaugural Committee to thank staffers for their hard work.
- Threshold rises on petitions to elicit White House response 1/17/13
- Spokane school band marching at inauguration 1/17/13
- In letters, children plead with Obama to change gun laws 1/16/13
- White House calls NRA video repugnant, cowardly 1/16/13
- The selling of an inauguration: Prices run from $5 to $1 million 1/14/13
- Cascade students D.C.-bound again for inauguration 1/14/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.