Jets make Seahawks VP of Football Administration John Idzik their new GM
As the Seahawks' VP of Football Administration, Idzik, who holds a mathematics degree from Dartmouth, oversaw contract negotiations and was considered one of the league's best salary cap experts.
“John is a well-respected, life-long football man who I believe will be a strong addition to the Jets organization,” Seahawks general manager John Schneider said in a statement. “While he will be missed by the Seahawks organization, we wish him and his family all the best with this great opportunity.”
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, former Broncos GM Brian Xanders could replace Idzik in Seattle's front office.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.